CF MEMBER BENEFITS:
Upon your enrolment into the Canadian Forces or shortly after, you may be entitled to the following:
- Uniform/Equipment: Will be provided as a loan, you must return all kit upon releasing otherwise you owe the Crown and they will find you. (May only wear uniform on authorized training times.)
- Meals/Accommodations: Will be provided at all times during duty. May bring your own food but be prepared to share it. :0)
- Travel Assistance: If you live 16km or farther from your place of duty and the CF doesn’t provide you with transportation, then your mileage will be reimbursed at 17 cents/km.
- Dental Benefits: Upon completion of your Basic Training and being a regular parader, you will be entitled to get reimbursed on 90% of your basic dental work (check-ups, cleaning, cavities).
- Medical Benefits: The CF will provide you with proper medical care while on duty, or follow up care if you get hurt on duty. Otherwise you must have your own medical coverage. The CF will reimburse some of your premiums paid to MSP, however it is based on how many days you worked with the reserves in the past year.
- Education Reimbursement: Upon completion of a year in an accredited post-secondary institution, you are entitled to apply for $2000/year for up to 4 years tuition reimbursement. You must be a serving member and frequent parader of the CF.
- CF Pension Plan: The Primary Reserve is now eligible to receive a pension upon retiring from the forces. This amount will be based on how many days you worked in the reserves and how much you actually contributed into the plan.
- Duty Pay: Wages start at $89.90 per day plus 9% holiday pay. Working full-time over the summer while on course, you will earn approximately $2500/month with all your expenses covered. On a part-time basis, you could earn up to $350-$400/month or more. As you get promoted you will earn more money as you advance in the pay scale. Must have a bank account to be paid.
- High School Credits: If you are currently in high school, upon completion of your basic training you will receive 4 high school credits from the Ministry of Education.