1. Good pay ($350-400/month), $5000 in 2 summer months.
2. Free clothing and equipment.
3. Free meals, accommodations and transportation.
4. 90% Dental Coverage.
5. Earn 4 high school credits in Basic Training.
6. Tuition Reimbursement in College or University up to $2000/year for 4 years.
7. Transportation Allowance (17 cents/km for out of town members)
8. Ability to transfer within the Reserves to other cities (in case of a move, job or schooling)
9. Ability to have extended (1-6 months) Leave of Absence
10. Good stepping stone for Regular Force, RCMP, Sheriffs, Corrections, Firefighters, Coast Guard, Border Security, etc.