What We Do
As Infantry Soldiers we have the following primary duties:
- We expertly operate and maintain a wide range of personal and section level weapons, including the assault rifle (with or without bayonet, with or without grenade launcher), hand-grenades, light, medium and heavy machine guns, mortars and anti-tank weapons;
- We use sophisticated equipment for field communications, navigation and night-vision surveillance;
- We operate with support elements such as naval landing craft, zodiac boats, fighter and cargo aircraft, tactical helicopters (troop carrying and reconnaissance), and armoured vehicles;
- We engage in unarmed combat, set up and cross obstacles, and clear minefields;
- We employ fieldcraft and battle procedure including camouflage and concealment, patrols, assault teams, defensive tactics, fighting in built up areas, urban ops, house clearings and escape-and-evasion tactics; and
- We also participate in airmobile, amphibious and airborne operations.